Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Computer stuff to look in to

(From the Wall Street Journal)

Yesterday's paper had an article on toys in the Consumer Technology and Web Watch sections.

Browsers (Alternatives to Internet Explorer)
Firefox
Opera
Netscape

Downside: Many websites are written to work only with Internet Explorer. Upside: Most of the bugs, viruses, trojans, and spyware are also.


One of my duties for Loscon involves hosting parties in my hotel room at conventions. I'll have to see what sort of stuff I can find here, when I'm not at work.

Party Supplies
IParty
Shindigz
PartyPro
Birthday Express

A bunch of my friends are in to board games in a big way, and I've been hooked on a few of them. Also, these represent an alternative to computer games. Besides, not all families have their computers networked so they can have a game night together.

Board Games
Board Games Express
Uncles Games
Fair Play Games
Olsen Woodcrafting

No comments: