Dr. Roy Spencer addresses these questions:
1) Are Global Temperatures Rising Now?
2) Why Do Some Scientists Say It’s Cooling, while Others Say that Warming is Even Accelerating?
3) Haven’t Global Temperatures Risen Before?
4) But Didn’t the “Hockey Stick” Show Recent Warming to be Unprecedented?
5) Isn’t the Melting of Arctic Sea Ice Evidence of Warming?
6) What about rising sea levels?
7) Is Increasing CO2 Even Capable of Causing Warming?
8 ) Is Atmospheric CO2 Increasing?
9) Are Humans Responsible for the CO2 Rise?
10) But Aren’t Natural CO2 Emissions About 20 Times the Human Emissions?
11) Is Rising CO2 the Cause of Recent Warming?
12) Why Do Most Scientists Believe CO2 is Responsible for the Warming?
13) If Not Humans, What could Have Caused Recent Warming?
14) So, What Could Cause Natural Cloud Changes?
15) How Significant is the Climategate Release of E-Mails?
16) Why Would Bias in Climate Research be Important? I thought Scientists Just Follow the Data Where It Leads Them
17) How Important Is “Scientific Consensus” in Climate Research?
18) How Important are Computerized Climate Models?
19) What Do I Predict for Global Temperature Changes in the Future?
Roy W. Spencer received his Ph.D. in meteorology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1981. Before becoming a Principal Research Scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville in 2001, he was a Senior Scientist for Climate Studies at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, where he and Dr. John Christy received NASA’s Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal for their global temperature monitoring work with satellites. Dr. Spencer’s work with NASA continues as the U.S. Science Team leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite. He has provided congressional testimony several times on the subject of global warming.
Dr. Spencer’s research has been entirely supported by U.S. government agencies: NASA, NOAA, and DOE. He has never been asked by any oil company to perform any kind of service. Not even Exxon-Mobil.