Sunday, January 02, 2005

A passing

Anyone with any fondness for science fiction has probably seen the art of Frank Kelly-Freas. His work is excellent, evocative, and memorable.

I've just learned that he died at about 4:00AM Pacific time today.

He left this world peacefully, and his wife Laura was at his side.

The funeral is scheduled for tomorrow, and there will be a memorial at the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society in the near future. (As soon as a time slot can be pried open.)

Anyone reading this who needs further info, feel free to contact me by e-mail. If you can't find any other e-mail addresses, comments in my blog are automatically mailed to me.

Now to find the club directory and do my part with the phone tree.


4: Kelly Freas memorial

3: Kelly Freas memorial

2: Frank Kelly Freas

1: A passing

No comments: