Monday, March 23, 2009

Vice presidential humor

Spotted on Powerline:

OK, here's some more humor. Joe Biden appeared at the Gridiron Club dinner--President Obama was otherwise occupied, the first President to miss his first Gridiron dinner since Grover Cleveland. Biden was in unusually good form:

President Obama does send his greetings, though. He can't be here tonight -- because he's busy getting ready for Easter. (Whisper) He thinks it's about him. ...

I understand these are dark days for the newspaper business, but I hate it when people say that newspapers are obsolete. That's totally untrue. I know from firsthand experience. I recently got a puppy, and you can't housebreak a puppy on the Internet.

You know, I never realized just how much power Dick Cheney had until my first day on the job. I walked into my office, and you know how the outgoing president always leaves the incoming president a note in his desk? I opened my drawer and Dick Cheney had left me Barack Obama's birth certificate.

No comments: