Friday, September 19, 2008

"I Am Woman -- Protesting a Strong Woman"

This came over the transom last night.  After I degaussed my irony meter, I decided to share this with my loyal readers -- all six of them. 
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Karl Lembke
Date: Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:02 PM
Subject: For blog
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SoCalPagans] "I am Woman" -- Demonstration at Sarah Palin Reception in Newport Beach, Sep 25 Evening
 
_PUBLIC DEMONSTRATION at SARAH PALIN RECEPTION_
"I am woman ... hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore,
....
And I come back even stronger, not a novice any longer,
'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul!"
--words/music by Helen Reddy/Ray Burton
_Thursday, September 25_
 
COMMUNITY DEMONSTRATION: "*I AM WOMAN!" ... SARAH PALIN RECEPTION in NEWPORT BEACH (reception for Palin hosted by the LINCOLN CLUB) *
TIME: 5 pm meet (see below for more information about carpooling from TEMPLE)
COST: no cost
DESCRIPTION: The Director of The TEMPLE passionately invites you to join her in full sisterly support of the women organizers of an Orange County public demonstration: *"I am Woman!"* ... at a fundraising reception for Sarah Palin at the Island Hotel (formerly the Four Seasons) at Fashion Island. The event for Palin is hosted by the Lincoln Club of Orange County. Organizers of the protest share: /"Sarah Palin is coming to Orange County on Thursday, September 25^th . She doesn't speak for us! Let us show her what Helen Reddy really had in mind when she wrote, 'I am Woman.' Join us in protest of her run for Vice President. Rally for women's rights to choice, for separation of church and state, to end the war, protection of the environment and more. Come with your signs, banners, flags, flyers, kazoos and drums, and join us as we peacefully protest with a ROAR!"/
/ /
NOTE from The TEMPLE: Also recommended: very comfortable walking shoes, layered clothing, and a no-drip jar candle to hold. TEMPLE will provide signs for some women to hold, and/or bring your own.
MEETING LOCATIONS:
[redacted]
I'm not giving the carpool or contact information.  I figure those who are interested can join the mailing list and find the info in the archives.
What strikes me is, a group of women is gathering to sing about strong, invincible women in order to protest a .... strong .... invincible .... woman.
Go figure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. No, wait, after all the cr*p that's been thrown at her from the left, nothing is unbelievable any more.

Anonymous said...

Heh. I am man hear me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW MY WORLD NOW IS VERY DANGEROUS FOR EVERY BODY....!
for you.... i don't know...he3x

Anonymous said...

I KNOW MY WORLD NOW IS VERY DANGEROUS FOR EVERY BODY....!
for you.... i don't know...he3x