Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh, Holy Crackers!

The Anchoress writes about recent stories about people smuggling the consecrated Host out of mass for various reasons.

One story she was pointed to was that of a certain university professor wishing to "score" some consecrated wafers:

“Can anyone out there score me some consecrated communion wafers?” Myers continued by saying, “if any of you would be willing to do what it takes to get me some, or even one, and mail it to me, I’ll show you sacrilege, gladly, and with much fanfare. I won’t be tempted to hold it hostage (no, not even if I have a choice between returning the Eucharist and watching Bill Donohue kick the pope in the balls, which would apparently be a more humane act than desecrating a goddamned cracker), but will instead treat it with profound disrespect and heinous cracker abuse, all photographed and presented here on the web.”

I haven't seen any sign that Myers wanted wafers consecrated to anyone in particular. Personally, I wonder if anyone can "score" him some wafers consecrated to Allah. Or maybe I could buy some wafers at a Catholic supply store and consecrate them to Hecate.

No comments: