Monday, March 17, 2008

Can anyone make Wright right?

Okay, Show Us the Context That Makes Wright Look Not So Bad

....

What are you going to tell me about him that refutes the "God d*** America" line? What "full measure" am I going to see that makes me say, "oh, well, now I'm okay with his called for our nation to be damned by God.

Similarly, Obama seems to have felt it necessary to mention that Wright was a Marine in every interview. Great. That doesn't change the fact that he just called for God's wrath upon our own country. How many Americans will say, 'well, one balances out the other?'

It's like the line that Wright's comments are being taken out of context. Show me the context that makes that line okay, or the context that justifies the charge that the U.S. government created the AIDS virus.

How many people were calling for us to take Mel Gibson's antisemitic rant "in its full context"?

No comments: