Thursday, September 22, 2005

Evolution vs. ID – part III is up

In another long piece, I examine the "scientific alternative" Intelligent Design / Intelligent Origin Theory (ID/IOT). How scientific is it?

In part I, I look at the rules science has to follow in order to be called "science". (I also complain about how kids these days are not being taught science – they're being taught about science.)

In part II, I look at how well evolution measures up against the rules of science. Conclusion: pretty well.

I think, part IV is going to discuss meaning. A big objection to evolutionary science is that it seems to remove meaning and purpose from life. If all the exquisite design we see arose from the blind, undirected operation of natural law, where is intelligence, and meaning?

Short answer: We create that.

No comments: