Tuesday, September 14, 2004

First Post

Greetings: Welcome to Rite Wing TechnoPagan, the web log of -- well -- a right-wing technopagan. Briefly, yes, I am a Pagan. Specifically, I'm Wiccan, a High Priest in the StarKindler tradition. I am also a technical sort, having a BS in physics from the Cal State system. How do I reconcile the two? Pretty much the same way any religious person reconciles religious beliefs with scientific knowledge -- by recognizing that the two disciplines address different realms. This blog is an extension of my publishing in the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society (LASFS) (or at least in fanzines associated with the organization.) It is also my place to sound off on subjects of interest to me. I'm reassured, though, by the continued attention of fellow LASFS members, that other people find my writings about these things interesting. Subjects that I've been following of late include: Politics, especially the war on [Islamic Fundie Nutcase] terrorism. Science, with some attention to the "debate" between creation "science" and evolution. (Oh, did I give away my perspective on that one? Sorry.) Religious, philosophical, and metaphysical speculations. (And I'm writing two books in that field, one on the Wiccan Rede, one on the Wiccan festivals.) In general, though, I don't like writing introductory statements, and no matter how many mailing lists I join, or how many other time I have to compose one, I always seem to leave something out. But, hey, comments are on. If you ask something I don't want to address, I can always quote Theresa Heinz-Kerry at you.

No comments: