Sunday, May 03, 2015

Fundamental Concepts - Eff Off [Weirddave]


The solution is “eff off”.

We have to stop granting the left, and especially the activist left, the SJW types, the courtesy of treating them as if they are legitimate. We need to tell them to eff off. We need to stop debating and start dismissing. Most of what they are saying is so stupid and flimsy that it NEEDS the prop of our treating it seriously to lend it the mantle of legitimacy.
Now obviously I'm not talking about treating serious policy or foreign affairs issues cavalierly. Of course adult subjects need to be treated in an adult manner. There is so much clutter and noise over stupid, inconsequential shit that we need to stop wasting our time responding to it. The entire point of most of this stuff is to keep us distracted and to maneuver us into a position where we can be cast as haters or villains.
What kind of stuff am I talking about? Well, basically, anything that The Political Hat links from social media.

“I'm a dragon-kin, I demand that you respect my draconic traditions!”
No, you're not. Eff off.

“Oh, your belly dancing is cultural appropriation !”
Eff off.

“That's your white privilege talking!”
Eff off, I have the same privilege as you do, I'm a free American.

“You're fat shaming!”
Eff off and eat a salad once in a while.

“I can't stand these micro aggression from you”
How about a macro aggression? Eff off.

And so on. All of this stuff stems from three impulses:
1) A desire to assume unearned moral superiority – I'm better than you
2) A desire to assume unearned prominence – I'm more important than you
3) A desire for attention – Look at me! Aren't I special?

That's what they're looking for. Don't give it to them. Don't play their game, refuse to acknowledge that their game even exists. I just realized it right this second, but this is exactly what Breitbart did, and it drove them NUTS! They're yapping on about the oppression of the 1% and he's screaming “STOP RAPING PEOPLE!” in their face. He popped their bubble. He refused to acquiesce to their assumptions. He pointed out the reality they were purposefully attempting to ignore. Imagine how Andrew would have handled the VA frat rape hoax or the reaction to Christina Hoff Sommers' speech.

Be Breitbart. And have fun with it. The meltdowns from the special snowflakes when you refuse to grant them what they assume is theirs by right of their magnificence are AWESOME.

No comments: