Saturday, November 06, 2004

Why Bush got support

Clayton Cramer received an e-mail from a friend of his, asking,

I am really concerned about your support of president who is pro-invasion of privacy, started a pre-emptive war under false pretenses, and only claims to be looking out for the small business owner but I think that you are 100% right about what the Democrats did wrong. You are not going to beat people into liking gays any more than you are going to beat the people of Iraq into liking the United States. Suppression of religious symbols does not make people more inclusive. Attacking gun ownership does not make people more secure. Where I live, I have essentially no contact with people with a Republican point of view but I am trying to understand what happened.

He has a lengthy (7 pages printed out) response, which is well worth reading. (No, I didn't print it out. I used the "print preview" function on IE.)

I sent him a note disagreeing with one topic he brought up, and I'll post a version of it here soon.

No comments: