Monday, August 10, 2009

Media interviews

Michelle Malkin gets letters.

This one is from a pediatrician who was interviewed by the Washington Post, and was a bit dismayed at what they did to her statements.

I couldn't believe that these are the quotes which ended up in the paper. The first wasn't even close to what I said. I never referred to Rep. Hill by his first name and the "effigy" comment was not even close to what I was talking about. I mentioned how I "wouldn't hang him in effigy" (since that is the left's favorite thing to do, ie, Sarah Palin, Bush), meaning that I have concerns, but am willing to voice them in a productive way. He also asked me about how I've been trying to get people involved and I mentioned that I have posted things on FB to encourage my friends to contact his office.

He came into my home with his agenda, a very liberal agenda, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I thought that he would present both sides equally and fairly, and instead twisted my words and did not even put the important things in that I had emphasized. I always believed that the left had their agenda and always knew that they would warp our views to better fit how they want the world to see us. Now, my beliefs have been validated. I'm sick over this. Here is the link to the article.

Dennis Prager has stated he records all of his talks and lectures.  Other people have taken to having audio recording equipment (if not AV) present during press interviews.

Fortunately, recording equipment is cheap these days.

No comments: