Saturday, December 06, 2008

How to break a terrorist

I heard the author of this book interviewed on the Laura Ingraham show.  I don't have nearly as much of a problem with his approach to the discussion as I do with some other folks (in particular, those who claim torture doesn't work, and anyone who says torture has ever worked is lying).  However, Blackfive also has some comments:
His attitude was so self-congratulatory I was put off and his contentions that he and his team followed an enlightened and higher moral path and the rest of the task force members were brutes was abundantly obvious. The title of the book seems to perfectly match this attitude. "How to Break a Terrorist: The U.S. Interrogators Who Used Brains, Not Brutality, to Take Down the Deadliest Man in Iraq." I am the one with the brains, they are the brutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By his own admission, Black Five's "Uncle Jimbo" didn't read the book. It is gripping, and not an ego trip.

Read. Then decide.